Crusader Kings 2: Tanistry (Part 2)

(continue from Part 1)

CK2 6Nov17_1

Disjointed realm, right? Some were my own doing but my vassals were responsible for the bulk of it.

Here's how some of them became part of my realm (not in chronological order):

(PS: sometimes I created duchy/kingdom titles and granted them to vassal, along with all lower ranked vassals within that duchy/kingdom, to manage my vassal limit)

(1) Kingdom of England

Each county was conquered based on fabricated claims and de jure claims (I created and granted duchies to my vassals). I did try to usurp, with the intention of vassalising as much lords as possible and then destroy the title (I didn't want a powerful vassal) but most of the remaining counties were then held by the former English king and, understandably, he refused to be my vassal. Hence the slower way of conquest.

Later, after I had made sure that substantial part of England was held by vassals with primary titles outside of England, I created and granted the Kingdom of England to a dynastic member who held an Irish county.

(2) Kingdom of Lithuania

Won by crusade. Granted to a dynastic member who held an English duchy.

(3) Kingdom of Syria

Won by crusade. Granted to a dynastic member.

(4) Kingdom of Lotharingia

Created after my vassals managed to get sufficient number of counties from HRE. I helped in some of those wars. In fact, oftentimes I purposely chose to press my vassals claim on counties that de jure part of the kingdom.

(5) Kingdom of Bohemia

HRE was slowing taking back county by county from them after they had gained independence from the empire. My vassal, King of Poland, declared war, and won, to claim the title King of Bohemia. Later, there were civil wars that split these two, rejoined and finally split again.

(6) Kingdom of Poland

At one point, the king was my kinsman. I pressed another kinsman claim to the kingdom and thereby incorporating Poland into my empire.

(7) King of Britanny

A vassal managed to claim the main duchy, which constituted the entire kingdom! I can't remember I helped or not, neither could I remember whether I tried to vassalise the rest of the counts (if any) after creating this title.

I usually create and bestow it to a vassal only if it doesn't pose danger to my rule (i.e. small kingdom, like what happened to Kingdom of England in (1) above) or that the vassal already could create such title eventually. In the latter's case, it's better for me to create and grant to that vassal so as to gain boost in opinion with him.

I believed it didn't start with a kinsman as its king but through their own arranged marriages, somehow it ended with one.

(8) Kingdom of Wales

Created.

(9) Kingdom of Denmark

Pressed my kinman's claim.

(10) Kingdom of Lapland

Usurped, I think.

(11) Kingdom of Aragon

This is quite interesting. Due to marriage and inheritance, at one point the King of Aragon was a kinsman. I was happy to leave them be (I love expanding my dynasty) until I saw that the game warned me of titles leaving my realm. It turned out that he married my vassal, Queen of Wales, and sired a son who would inherit both kingdoms.

The danger was this: if the king died before the queen, then their son would be the new King of Aragon. Since he wasn't my vassal, Aragon would still be an independent state and that was ok. However, when his mother die, he would also inherit Wales and since he wasn't my vassal, Wales would fall out of my realm and united with Aragon. Once method to circumvent this, which I belatedly realised in my current campaign, was to simply make their son my vassal by granting land to him, if I don't mind shrinking my personal demesne.

Instead, I pressed, and succeeded, their son's claim to Aragon (yes, overthrew his father) and thereby bringing Aragon into my realm.

(12) Kingdom of Sweden

Created/usurped after getting sufficient number of counties.

(13) Kingdom of Ireland

Created and granted to a vassal once substantial part of Ireland was held by vassals with primary titles outside of Ireland. I could just leave it be but this way granted me more recurring prestige points.

(14) Kingdom of Castille

Created and granted to a vassal to get more recurring prestige points. Kingdom was small and so posed no threat to me.

(15) Kingdom of Pomerania

Created and granted to a vassal to get more recurring prestige points. Kingdom was small and so posed no threat to me.

(16) Kingdom of Rus

I don't know why this happened: there were 2 factions vying for the throne in the kingdom. The eventual winner was spouse to a kinswoman of my dynasty (matrilineal). Somehow Rus became part of my realm! I don't know why. Even if they both were my vassals, Rus should be an independent state since the claimant wasn't my vassal.

Interestingly, he was then losing to the remaining faction (and another faction demanding lower crown authority) but somehow won in the end @@.

(17) Kingdom of Finland

Created/usurped after getting sufficient number of counties.

(18) Kingdom of Leon

Successfully pressed vassal's claim.

(19) Duchy of Iceland

Fabricated claims on relevant counties by a vassal and probably by me as well. Created/usurped once available.

(20) Duchy of Galloway

It was always there but due to state intrigue (attempt to imprison due to "evidence" -> rebel -> won), I managed to revoke and grant it to a kinsman.

(21) Duchy of Lothian

It was always there but iirc, I did the whole "state intrigue" thingy so that a kinsman got it.

(22) Duchy of Burgundy

Successful pressed Duke of Iceland's claim. At one point, he held 4 duchies but later split due to Gravelkind but reunited when one side didn't have male heir and finally split again.

(23) Duchy of Mann

It was always there.

(24) Duchy of Albany

It was always there. Belonged to the former Scottish king.

(25) Duchy of Champagne

Created/usurped after getting sufficient number of counties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant